Saturday, February 19, 2011

spring fever... or something like it

antsy... i'm antsy. it was unseasonably warm here for a few days... it went from -10 to above 40 overnight, crazy hot for february in wisconsin. i think my body/mind is confused, but in a good "let's go for a run" kind of way. i have yet to get in a routine with my classes this semester (more on that later), and that is hindering the exercise schedule (aka complete lack of exercise).

i had a mental breakthrough today... about health and happiness. i'm losing that feeling, that immense, overpowering feeling of strength. that feeling i had after finish the quarter marathon or after an early morning run with tallulah panting beside me. i want it back and i'm going to get it :) i am also up a few pounds this month, and even though i'm still ok weight wise, the mind is quick to FREAK OUT.

the guy is wonderful. more than wonderful. sigh-inducing wonderful. it's difficult because my schedule is jam-packed and he is now a full-time student, but we see each other when we can and i think we're on the same page. (we have both met each others parents...talk about nerve-wracking!) the fact that there is a guy still takes me aback, the same way the reflection in the mirror occasionally catches me off guard. i'm no longer the old me, but she'll always be with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment